Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Support Team
    Keymaster

If so, please remove it and reinstall the LAVFilters codec.

Larry T
    Participant

Sorry I didn’t respond earlier, your system still doesn’t “Notify me of follow-up replies via email”
    I do have ffdshow installed:
    ffdshow is installed:
    ffdshow x64 v1.3.4531 [2014-06-28]
    Installed on: 5/30/2018
    Size: 15.2 MB
    Version: 1.3.4531.0
    —————————-
    I will remove it and reinstall the LAVFilters codec as suggested,
    then attempt to view recordings.
    Thanks, Larry
    P.S. Again, sorry I didn’t respond earlier,
    I have been busier than a 3-legged cat in a sandbox!

Larry T
    Participant

I uninstalled FDDshow, then uninstalled and reinstalled the LAVFilters codec as suggested. I installed the x64 LAVfilters using the default settings, is there anything I should have changed?
    Acts the same as before, nothing changed, still can’t view recordings.
    I can only view them one time, immediately after being recorded while the message is being shown “Files are being converted”, if I wait a few minutes and allow time for the file conversion the video won’t play at all.
    I am running Anycam version 2.4.5.6 (x64), the version you gave to me on Nov. 18, 2018 to resolve the issue of me not being able to add the Trendnet TV-IP501W camera.
    When I click “About Anycam” it indicates I have version 2.4.5 (x64).
    Is there a newer version or a stable version of Anycam that will allow the program to function properly?
    I really need to get this issue resolved it was first posted on November 29, 2018.
    What is the next step?
    Larry

Support Team
    Keymaster

Hello, Larry.

Is it possible to connect to your computer via TeamViewer?

Could you please send the connection parameters (ID and password) to support@anycam.tech?

Larry T
    Participant

I am not familiar with TeamViewer, I will check into it and get back to you.
    Will I need to not only leave the computer running 24/7 until you are finished but will I also need to leave the cameras turned on?
    Due to the time difference, you are 5 hours ahead of me, and have completed most of your workday before I rise and also even though I have checked “Notify me of follow-up replies via email” an email is never sent from your end, so by the time I check the forum for updates you are usually gone for the day which is also contributing to this dragging on so long.
    The question is: Will I also need to be at the computer the same time as you or will you be able to do everything needed remotely without my presence?
    By giving you complete control I assume you will be able to record and playback video files on my computer, have access to sensitive information and also have the ability to hack my entire network?
    Not sure I want to do that, Give me more info.
    Larry

Support Team
    Keymaster

Good day, Larry.

TeamViewer is proprietary computer software for remote control, desktop sharing and file transfer between computers.

We will need to agree on the connection time and I will remotely diagnose the reason why video files are not playing on your computer. To do this, I need full access to your PC, so your presence is required. Connection to the camera is most likely not needed.

P.S. The most likely reason, in my opinion, is the lack of the necessary media codec on a PC. I suggest still to install K-Lite Codec Pack, even if it requires removing LAVFilters.
    The link to download K-Lite:
    https://codecguide.com/download_k-lite_codec_pack_basic.htm

As for e-mail, I suggest trying to use another service provider. Perhaps gmail.

Larry T
    Participant

As suggested I installed K-Lite Codec Pack.
    1st I removed LAVfilters, then attempted to install K-Lite Codec Pack but was advised
    I have “Windows 7 Codec Pack” installed and need to remove it first, which I did.
    I thought maybe we were on to something there that possibly the Windows 7 Codec Pack
    could have been causing the problem, no so lucky.
    After the K-Lite install I recorded a video on Anycam, same results, I could play it immediately after recording before the file was converted but no playback after that.
    So I have to ask the question, the file played OK before it was converted, why convert it?
    As is obvious I know zip about video files, other than I click on them and they play, I have no idea why the file needs to be converted, the process involved and to what format are they being converted?
    I agree, it seems the next step is the remote access via TeamViewer.
    I installed TeamViewer, I will email the connection parameters to you, assuming these
    are permanent and not just session ID and PW on my PC with TeamViewer.
    Now we need to figure out a time to accomplish the task, the PC will be off until I am advised that you are ready to connect. We need to consider the 5 hour time difference which only adds to the degree of difficulty, I am available after 10am eastern which I figure is 3 pm your time?
    Waiting to hear from you.
    Larry

Support Team
    Keymaster

Ok, I received your letter.

The date and time of connection will be emailed to your new address.

Conversion is necessary in order to reduce the amount of hard disk occupied by the video file. We already had requests from users about the need to make this feature optional, we will try to include these changes in the next release.

Larry T
    Participant

I received your email at both of my email accounts.
    The date and time you suggested are good for me.
    Larry

Support Team
    Keymaster

Ok

Support Team
    Keymaster

Larry, we have prepared a new installation package, which, in our opinion, should solve the problem with viewing the video archive:

https://anycam.tech/downloads/anycam/AnyCam_Setup_2.5.0.1_x64.exe (64-bit version)
    https://anycam.tech/downloads/anycam/AnyCam_Setup_2.5.0.1.exe (32-bit version)

Larry T
    Participant

I will download the new installation package, give it a test drive and get back to you with the results.
    Thanks,
    Larry

Larry T
    Participant

I installed 2.5.0.1 64-bit
    Nothing changed, I still can’t playback the recordings.
    I didn’t uninstall Anycam first and then do a clean install, I did an over install.
    Do you think an uninstall and a clean install would make any difference?
    Larry
    P.S. Merry Christmas

Larry T
    Participant

Even though I am running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit I did an over install of the 64-bit with the 32-bit version, same outcome.
    What the hey, I’m grasping at straws, I’ve tried everything else.
    A negative side affect of both of those versions is that now my screen will go black for a few seconds while viewing the cams, didn’t happen before, no other programs were running?
    Not such a Merry Christmas after all :-(
    Larry

Support Team
    Keymaster

Ok, thank you.

It is a pity that the attempt failed.

Do I understand correctly that the video is still playing in Media Player Сlassic and VLC and not playing in Windows Media Player?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.