Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Francesco_Imbalzano
    Participant

some features that would be great to have

Backup Cam & setting, record sheduler, add time stamp on recording

Support Team
    Keymaster

Ok, thanks!
    We will include these functions in our development plan.

jake
    Participant

I second these requests!  By the way…enjoy the clean layout and navigation of this application.  Great job.

Support Team
    Keymaster

Thank you, Jake!

About backup.
    There is a config.xml, that stores all camera settings (C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\AppData\Local\AnyCam\config.xml).
    However, the user names and passwords for accessing the cameras are stored in a machine-dependent cipher.
    If you delete them, you can transfer the config file to the new machine and set the passwords via the application interface.

AnyCam camera settings, config file

AnyCam camera settings, config file

jake
    Participant

Excellent!  Thank you!!

Brian
    Participant

I noticed that <AuthLogin> and <AuthPassword> are salted. What that means is, on our front desk computer that has several user accounts, when they logged in as another local user, after I copied the xml files back into the %localappdata%\AnyCam folder, it wanted me to enter the trial key again and go into each camera’s “settings slider” icon once and type in the admin and password.

In other words, if you copy the xml file between computers or between users on the same computer, you will likely have to perform those steps again. This results in a set of xml files that is only valid for that user on that machine. To switch between profiles of different sets of cameras, you can just swap out xml files, but if you are using this to backup and restore or copy a configuration between users/computers, you’ll have to type the salted fields in again. This may also cause issues with domain users using roaming profiles, Terminal Server users, that sort of thing.

Just a heads up!

Support Team
    Keymaster

Hello.

There is a workaround for this problem. When adding a camera, you do not need to enable the “Camera requires authentication” option, instead, you need to specify the login and password in the connection string:

AnyCam adding new camera

In case you need to migrate an existing config.xml, simply delete the contents of the <AuthLogin> and
    <AuthPassword> tags:

AnyCam config

Support Team
    Keymaster

Hello.

Scheduled recording feature added.
    Please update the app.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.